Saturday, April 16, 2011

Hogle Zoo Adventure



A few months ago I had told my friend Jamie that I wanted to go to Hogle Zoo. It had been several years since I had been to the Hogle Zoo. Jamie and I had decided that we would spend the night in Salt Lake City and then go to Hogle Zoo the next day. It was a last get together before I head up to Wyoming. To be honest I am not planning on ever moving back down to Ephraim ever again. I might come and visit Tracie and Travis but that would be the only times I would be in Ephraim. But back to the adventure of Hogle Zoo. So Jamie and I had left on Tuesday and we did some shopping at some DIs and thrift stores. The hotel that we stayed at was in Sugar House. It was pretty. There was a river running behind it and there were two ducks by the hotel room. We were able to go to the movie theater and watch Soul Surfer which was so good. Parts of it made me cry. The next day we finally made up to Hogle Zoo but it had taken us awhile to get there because we got lost at the U of U campus because we made a wrong turn or the directions we got were a little misleading. Spending a few hours at Hogle Zoo was a lot of fun. There were a lot of elementary school age kids there on a field trip and it was fun watching them and hearing the conversations they were having. It was fun seeing the animals and taking pictures. There were elephants, rhinos, tigers, a leopard, and monkeys, plus many other animals as well. The one giraffe that was out was 14 ft tall and I didn't get to see the blue tongue. But I did get to see 2 wolves playing with eachother.

No comments:

Post a Comment